Golden crust pike-perch with leeks and sweet peppers
#cookinghome for many days now, so maybe this recipe of a delicious golden crust pike-perch with leeks and sweet peppers, prepared by chef Petru Chicu, will get in handy. It is a festive dish, an ideal choice for a holiday celebrated with your family and despite it sounds sophisticated, it is easy to cook! And since white wine matches perfectly with fish, we recommend to pair this tasty pike-perch with a selected wine worthy to be served at a special evening meal with your loved ones – Taraboste Alb 2017.
Taraboste Alb 2017 is an elegant coupage, which stands out with its rich melon, pear, tropical fruit and honey flavor with hints of gooseberry at the end. This wine boasts a well-structured taste with mineral notes and oak undertones ending in a long-lasting aftertaste.
Preparation time: 60 min | Servings: 4 persons
- Fresh pike-perch 1 kg
- Tempura flour 100 g
- Filo pie sheets 200 g
- Vegetable oil 500 ml
- Leek 350 g
- Capia pepper 250 g
- Butter 100 g
- White dry wine 50g
- Grilled cheese 150 g
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash the fish, dry it and cut it into portions. Cut the fillet into equal portions of 15-20g. Salt it and add black pepper to taste.
- Prepare the buttering in a bowl, mix tempura flour with water. The mixture should have a runny consistency.
- Cut the filo pie sheets into 1-2mm strands, like in home-made noodles.
- Heat the oil in a pot to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Dip each portion of fish in the buttering, then dip it in the finely cut filo pie sheets and fry it in the hot oil for 1,5 minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables: wash the peppers and leeks, dry and cut them into long, thin slices.
- In a pot, heat the butter and fry the vegetables until lightly brown.
- Close to the end, add the white dry wine, and, 3 minutes later, add the grilled cheese. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve the fish and the vegetables on a plate, once fully cooked.